When we do development programmes, particularly in the area of leadership development or career / life planning, we will often be asked to look at our values. This simple exercise draws on the work of Brené Brown in her recent book Dare to Lead and it makes use of the Power of 3.
- Using whatever approach works for you, please identify your 10 most important personal values.
- Then identify your TOP 3 values in rank order
- For each of your TOP 2 values, come up with:
- 3 positive behaviours when you are living that value well
- 3 behaviours that are signs that you are ‘slipping’ in relation to living that value